Mobile computing has particularly become available to everyone, with the internet becoming a dominant feature in electronic business. In order to continue growing, Zambia must produce a large number of professionals who can articulate ICTs and help in enhancing the development of ICTs. The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree programme is meant to equip such persons with the skills to contribute to the development of the country through ICTs. ZCAS-U has found it necessary to introduce a degree that satisfies the developmental needs of the country through ICTs.
The aim of this programme is to equip candidates with knowledge and skills in the use of ICTs in various sectors of the country in order to create innovation among holders of the degree with a view to facilitating economic development.
To qualify for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Degree Programme an applicant must have a minimum of five credits at O’ level or a holder of Grade 12 certificate including English and Mathematics and must satisfy the entrance requirements of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology programme which are:
- Holder of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Holder of any other relevant advanced diploma in ICT or related field
- Holder of any relevant 3 year diploma in any ICT or related area from a reputable college or university
- Three ‘A’ level passes including Mathematics or equivalent
- Holder of relevant ICT experience supported by appropriate CV and reference(s) may be admitted on mature-age basis subject to approval by an admissions panel.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes