Reporting to: Student Welfare Officer
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for planning, administration, coordination, and implementation of counseling and
placement services for students and members of staff.
- Prepares counseling work plans for the University.
- Promotes institutional awareness of the counselling service.
- Provides an effective and confidential counselling service to students.
- Assists in the promotion of counselling and support services to improve the emotional health and well-being of students
- Participate in the formulation/review of policies, reparation/review of work manuals and procedures, and related documentation for counseling services for staff and students.
- Oversees the counseling of students with academic, career, psycho-social and health concerns, or problems.
- Assists students understand and overcome social or psycho-social problems through individual or group counseling.
- Undertakes group work and student workshops as appropriate, according to service need and specialist skills in this area.
- Liaises with businesses and industry to develop beneficial partnerships for students’ job placements and internships opportunities.
- Assists with maintaining employer data base (s) and submits quarterly reports.
- Assists students identify employment options that match their career interests.
- Assists students in all aspects of job search including resume writing, interview
presentation techniques and job referrals.
- Assists students select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary degrees, credentials, and skills.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Grade 12 Certificate with five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Counseling and Guidance, Psychology, or any relevant Social Science.
- An undergraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years post-qualifying experience of providing individual Counselling or Psychotherapy in a higher learning institution.
- A registered member of Zambia Counselling Council.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Relationship management, with demonstrated ability to work with students, diverse teams, and stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially.
- Coordination and networking capabilities.
- Good crisis intervention skills and the ability to remain calm and handle high levels of stress in crisis situations.
- Excellent meeting management, organizational and planning ability as well as customer care skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced work setting.
- High degree of innovation and commitment.
- Computer Literate – Word, Power Point, Excel, email among others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mentoring and counseling skills.
- Excellent Communication skills
The position applied for should be clearly stated in the application letter and marked on the envelope.
Applications with certified copies of certificates and at least three referees should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 50497, RW
Or Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th June 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. ZCAS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
You can download this advert using the link below: